Monday, October 27, 2008

10-27-08

So about 2 months have past this year. Time sure goes by quickly. Senior year is by far the easiest year I have ever had (if you don't count college apps, SAT, ACT), and even though I thought it would be hard, it's pretty awesome indeed.
1st period - AP Rhet with Mr Moran is probably one of the easiest AP classes, haha. It's sooooo much easier compared to eng3h with chacon. He barely gives us any homework (probably one assignment a week on average). What's really cool is that he gives the top 1/3 of the class A's (not sure what the other 2/3 of the class gets lol), so for the last 6 week grading period, if you had a 83% in his class or higher it would be an A. Too bad my grade was an 82.5%, lol.
2nd period - AP Psych with Mrs Hewit (i think its one t) - I could've sworn Mrs Hewitt was so much meaner two years ago when I had her for AP Stats. Oh well, this class is easy too, we've only had one real homework assignment so far >_>.
3rd period - APES with Ms Jensvold - Ms. Jensvold may be a bad teacher, but this class is hilarious! She tells us a lot of funny stories, shows us funny videos(some people don't think they're not funny, but don't pretend it's not!), and a lot of people in that class are hilarious also. Last week, the whole class was arguing with her about whether or not she's racist hahaha.
and uh sorry to everyone for setting the curves, but at least I didn't do it this time! (I got a threat today)

4th period - Photography with Mr. Gabel (not anymore) - Apparently the school district is trying to get Gabel fired, and we've had subs on and off for the past few weeks, but I think our current sub (Mr Williams, I think that's his name, he looks a lot like kobe) is going to be our new permanent photo teacher. Hehas assigned us a project (something Gabel would not do), re-arranged the whole room (the layout is like this: |_|, intsead of |||||, similar to mme Lahham's class) and everything(new mac computers also), so I guess he'll be here for a while lol. He seems cool, but he's pretty strict. He yelled at me when he caught me on photobooth LOL.
Did I mention that he looks like Kobe? Seriously, he's probably his long-seperated twin or something. I'll try to get a picture of him and you'll see haha! (he caught us taking pictures of him with photobooth today LOl), but maybe I can upload the pictures we took with photobooth.

Sorry for digressing.

5th Period - Civics with Mr. Murphy - Align CenterI can't believe this is the third year I have Murphy (world history sophomore year, psychology junior year, and civics now). He's a great teacher and all, but his participation system is ridiculous. Basically you just have to raise your hand every chance you get, and hope you have the most points out of everyone lol. If that wasn't bad enough, it's worth 25% of our grade. So I had a 97% in that class cause I pretty much ace everything he gives, but it dropped to 81% because I only had 8 points out of 15). However, I can't complain since he gave us extra credit that rasied our points, so I'm back to a 97% :)

Yup, that about sums up this year's classes. Despite having 3 AP classes, the only real homework I get is from APES, which is due every friday, so technically I have homework on thursdays.

Yet, I still procrastinate.
I should be doing an SAT practice test now (which I should've started four hours ago).
2400! (hopefully), but a 2150+ will do :)

No comments: